Bonsai Heresy…(tantalizingly close)…

As I’m writing this a ship is docking with cartons of Bonsai Heresy: 56 Myths Exposed Using Science and Tradition. The frugal and impatient among you who pre-ordered a copy (some of you ordered several) now have just a little less time to wait.

Having received an advance copy last month, I signed it to myself. I wasn’t sure if the book or myself should be scolded for taking up so much of my time last year, but it was great fun to write, and it does look smashing with the hilarious illustrations of animator Sergio Cuan (who works for Nickelodeon).

The traditional beer upon completion of a book is likely common to all but wine drinkers. It is a stout little book—360 pages of weightiness.

One of my favorite Sergio illustrations. I won’t tell you what chapter it illustrates, though, that’s just giving EVERYTHING away…

1. HorseloverFat says:

I…. can’t….. WAIT! ….I just imagine my pre-ordered treasure, making his/her arduous journey to the Wisconsin woods.

VERY excited!

2. sekhar chatterjee says:

Thanks for this heads up Michael, I am one those frugal and impatient. 😉 Thanks and regards, Sekhar

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

3. iammam2 says:

Yippie. Knowing it has touched ground and will be in my mail soon has made my day. Hope the beer was a stout to match.🍺Cheers!

4. John A Bishop says:

Any plans for a digital version of your book. I need to be able to create larger fonts to read it. John John A Bishop JohnAB@comcast.net

5. Melvin Zamis says:

Mine is coming from Stone Lantern and I can’t wait ..

6. Wayne Schoech says:

So this explains the sudden uptick in the last 24 hours You’re right, it IS your fault! And now I’m implicated. Good job 😎

7. Beth says:

Congratulations Michael! Stellar achievement. Hope you can do the Celebrity Signing and Smiling tour in the fall.

8. Grant says:

Apparently you did not practice social distancing from yourself when you signed your book to yourself…

9. Joyce says:

I can’t wait to get my copy so I can be a true bonsai heretic!

10. Dave Leppo says:

I’m reading and loving the book. I just started Part 2, where you said you were at Cornell in the late 70’s. Now, on May 8th, 1977, in Barton Hall, Cornell, a historic concert was performed. I know you were young – around 10 – but I wondered if any family members might have attended? Just curious.